Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simple ways to stick with your workout routine (#SimpleSunday) – By Shannon

Deciding to workout is one thing, but actually sticking to it and making it a daily routine is another.  Here are some simple ways to make health and fitness part of your life for the long haul.

Find a workout that you love!  There are endless workouts out there, so find one you really enjoy doing. Once your workout becomes a chore, it will be very hard to find the motivation to keep going.  For example, I don’t really like running very much.  If I decided to run every day as my workout, and do nothing else, I would last about two weeks and then be done with it.  On the other hand, I really like circuit training mixed with weight training – it keeps it interesting for me.  Be honest with yourself about what you like to do, mix it up and try different things.

Find a workout that fits in your life!  If you have a jam-packed schedule, a 2 hour a day workout will likely not work well for you.  And if you do try and squeeze it in, the effort will probably not last long.  There are SO many workouts out there, so find one that works for you.  Can’t seem to get yourself to the gym?  Try an at home workout.  Don’t have a lot of time?  Find a condensed workout that produces great results in a shorter period of time.  I recently started doing Focus T25, and it fits perfectly into my life.  It is only 25 minutes a day/5 days a week, and I can do it in the privacy of my own home.  I never have an excuse not to do it! 

Don’t fixate on the number on the scale!  You are not defined by a number, so stop stressing over it!!  As you lose fat, gain muscle and retain water, that number can fluctuate.  If you are focus only on that, it will do nothing but frustrate you.  Take progress photos and measurements, it will let you better understand the changes that are happening in your body.  As you keep making progress, you can reflect on the pictures of your “old self” and motivate yourself to keep pushing forward.

Eat Clean!  You’ve heard it before, abs are made in the kitchen.  Don’t sabotage your workout efforts by eating a crappy diet.  I strongly suggest you track your food in My Fitness Pal.  It is a great way to understand exactly what you are eating and how it breaks down (macronutrients).  Different macronutrient percentages (protein, carbs, fat) will produce different results – so if you get the right mix you will see results faster.  I’m a strong believer in moderation.  If you eat clean 80% of the time, you have a little more flexibility with the other 20%.  I workout hard and eat pretty clean during the week and then indulge a little more on the weekends. If you see the progress of your hard work, you are much more likely to stick with it!
If you have any questions, please email me at TeamFitini@gmail.com.

If you want to join Team Fitini for free and have me as your personal coach, you can do it here: https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=204731


No comments:

Post a Comment